Feng Shui can help you achieve your 2016 Intentions!
One of THE most powerful ways to up-level your life is to partner with your home using Feng Shui.
What can Feng Shui do for you?
Feng Shui, although new to the West, is an ancient indigenous Chinese form of life-space design and has been practiced as an integral part of their culture for over 5000 years.
In a partnership, we both give and receive. We give to our homes by maintaining and beautifying them. When asked “What do we receive from our homes? What do they give us?” most of us would answer: shelter, safety, comfort, connection. But my clients and students who are using Feng Shui would add to that list: success.
When you activate your 2016 intentions with Feng Shui, expect to be surprised and delighted at how much easier it is to accomplish your goals and achieve your success!
- We superimpose the Bagua over our floor plan, with the front entry at the bottom.
- The Bagua can be widened or elongated to fit the dimensions of the space.
- Each square represents a Gua, or area of the Bagua.
- Each Gua governs (or supports) a certain part of your life.
- Each Gua needs certain elements to activate it’s potential to support you.
- You’ll get the best result if you treat each Gua as one of the members of the Board of Directors of Your Life.
Imagine this grid placed over your floor plan, with the front door on the bottom line. Imagine elongating or widening the Bagua to fit the dimensions of your home. You won’t have a room for each Gua, homes rarely work that way.
Each Gua, or area of your home, is a member of your Board, and has a certain job, governing a staging area of your life (the staging area that each Gua governs is listed in the center of each square). And each Gua needs to be activated with the certain things in order to do its job well:
- Each Gua needs to be activated with one of the 5 Elements (water, wood, fire, earth, metal). I’ve listed the activating elements on the line above each Gua.
- Each Gua needs to be activated with a color that energizes it. I’ve put a dot of the colors that activate each Gua in the upper left corner of each square. You DON’T have to paint the room in one of those colors… but those colors DO add power to your intentions. So, don’t be afraid to add those colors in your accessories, art work, or vision board in those areas of your home.
- Each Gua (except one) needs to feel either more Yin or more Yang, except for the center of your home which needs the perfect balance of Yin/Yang. Yin is the quieter, softer, more receptive quality. Yang is the brighter, more active and energizing quality. On the line above each Gua, I’ve listed which quality will activate that area.
Know the Job Description for each Gua, or Board Member
I recommend you print these 2 pages out, and put them in a plastic sleeve, and walk around your home “meeting” each gua, exploring how you can activate each Gua, so it can energetically support you in achieving your intentions.
I’ve actually had students go home from my classes, and cut that Job Description handout into strips and tape those strips on the walls in the appropriate Gua of their home (until they had time to write their OWN intentions to “program” each Gua)… and within days, they experienced their life beginning to shift in positive ways!
So let’s say your big priority is to get your home de-cluttered and organized. It’s a process you know will take several months to complete, and you want to harness your home’s Feng Shui power to make the process easier and successful.
Figure out where Gua 4, Abundance/Prosperity, IS in your home. As you stand in the front doorway of your home, looking in, what room is in the far left corner of your home? It could be a closet, a bedroom, a living or dining area, an office. Ours is the laundry room. Whatever room it is in your home, it’s affecting your Abundance and Prosperity, your income, and your ability to manifest what you prefer.
Directions to “program” Gua 4 for successful completion of your goals:
- Clear the clutter in this room as soon as possible. (This will also help money flow to you more easily!)
- List your short-term goals. If your long term goal is to de-clutter and organize your whole house, which rooms will you be working on this month? List specific outcomes in a positive tone, and in the present tense. (Not “I have to get rid of the clutter, so I don’t feel so awful in there,” but rather “I easily release all that is no longer serving me, and I organize this room so it’s functional and pleasing to me.”)
- To be even more effective, this list will include your BIG WHY. What are the BIG REASONS you want to de-clutter? What will that allow you to do or be that you’re not doing or being right now? You may want your home clutter-free so you can have a family gathering there, or so you can enjoy peace of mind, or to help you loose weight (YES! When your home loses weight, your body begins to correspond with the light and spacious energy by more easily dropping excess weight!). Whatever your reasons, list them all.
- Find some items that represent how you will feel when you’ve de-cluttered and organized your rooms. You may want to draw or collage some photos, or images and words that inspire you and represent your BIG WHY.
- Take your List and your images to the Abundance Gua, and a few items that are special to you (like a shell from your last beach vacation, your favorite amethyst gemstone, a jade plant or african violet) and create an Altar* as close to the far left corner of your house as you can. *An Altar is any grouping of items that alters your mood and energy level when you look at it or think about it.
- See the Bagua for ideas on colors for Altar items.
- Arrange your Abundance Altar, holding in your mind and heart the Body-Sense of having your goals already met. Finish with a prayer or intention statement — and then release your attachment to specific outcomes, and go to work on your Action Plan!
- Your Abundance Gua will be silently working for you, so don’t ignore her! Freshen your Altar once a month and update your intentions.
There’s a lot more to learn about Feng Shui, including how the Guas, or Board Members, partner together to hep you create alignment and success. For now, I hope you’ve enjoyed exploring the beginning steps I teach my clients for how to harness the power of Feng Shui. I hope you’ll experiment with Feng Shui, and share your results with me!